It’s been a few weeks and I haven’t received much input on the Clontarf class photo I posted (see post here.)
Here’s the photo again:
Tressa Burns (whose grandparents Charles and Phoebe Chevalier lived in Clontarf) had a few identification ideas:
- Back row – boy on the left with hair parted down the middle – Phious Chevalier
- Back row – girl on right with curly hair – Dela Fredrickson
- Middle row – girl in dark dress, left of center – Louise Chevalier; boy to her left – “Red” Regan
- Front row – seated in the middle in white shirt – Raymond Burns
Several years ago, my mother and I identified several of the students with the help of some former Clontarf residents. Here’s what they told us:
- Back row – starting fourth from left, light-haired girl Marie Fredrick, Susanna Olson, Agnes Fennell (taller), Loretta Foley, Marie Boutain, unknown with face turned, Alice Chamberlain
- Middle row – fourth from right, dark dress is Florence Johnson, to the right is Emeline Mikkelson
- Front row – seated, third from left is Thomas McCarthy, fourth from left is a Chevalier or a Fennell, sixth from the left is Herman Fredrickson?
Nothing really matches up with the two attempts at identifying these students, but the only conflict is the boy Tressa said was her cousin Raymond Burns and our informants said could be a Chevalier or a Fennell. But that is kind of close, anyway! Tressa identified my grandfather “Red” Regan, and I don’t see him, but it is neat that she thought of him! JoAnn – does your mother have any memories of John “Red” Regan, or maybe even of his mother? They lived right in Clontarf.
Take a look at the photo again and see if these identification suggestions jog your memory a bit. If you need clarification, please leave a comment and I will do my best.
Another photo to ponder…
If the date is correct, that would be Father Kenny, and it looks like him. I have some of the boys identified, but I would like to hear what you think. I will share who I have identified in a couple of days.